[MITgcm-support] Problem with tides in the OBCS

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 21:10:19 EDT 2017

Mea culpa.  Lazy programming.
For time being I will add warning as I have no time to fix and check right now.

We have used useOBCStide for regional studies, and to first order it works OK,
i.e., it generates tidal ellipses as expected and it preserves volume in regional
domain, since flow perpendicular to boundaries is correctly specified.  I think that
the flow parallel to boundaries will only impact the flow inside the regional domain
via horizontal viscosity term, so probably a second order impact in most set-ups.

Dimitris Menemenlis