[MITgcm-support] The problem in the long run the model

rahele shafiee rahele_shafiee at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 2 13:18:31 EDT 2017

Hello everyone

I would like to trace the water mass from the Red Sea and thePersian Gulf to the the North of the Indian Ocean by MITgcm Model. Because theBasin is large (1016 * 904 with 40 vertical layers) so the run of model will belong. Can I choose the number of layers to 5 and then increase to 40 layers after the model stability?

Is it possible making files of Dely.bin and Delx.bin in thegridding parameters (delx=’delx.bin’ and dely=’dely.bin’) gives differentprecisions to domain? How can I make these two files? will use ofthese two files slow the speed of modeling?

Thanks very much