[MITgcm-support] Getting ECCO_v4_r3 running

Emma Boland emmomp at bas.ac.uk
Mon Jul 31 06:03:43 EDT 2017

Hi Guys,

I'm attempting to get  ECCO_v4_r3 (/MITgcm_contrib/ecco_utils/ecco_v4_release3_devel) running on the ARCHER machine in the UK. All I've altered are SIZE.h and data.exch2. It's crashing during reading of the namelists - STDOUT finishes just after printing the content of data.seaice. I'm getting errors of the sort:

lib-4001 : UNRECOVERABLE library error
  A READ operation tried to read past the end-of-file.

Encountered during a namelist READ from unit 11
Fortran unit 11 is connected to a sequential formatted text file:
  "/tmp/F011.QAAa36052"

Looking at data.seaice I can't see anything obviously wrong. Is this something anyone else has come across? And just because STDOUT ends after reading data.seaice, is this a guarantee that this is the true cause of the crash (i.e. is the buffer necessarily up-to-date when it crashes)?

Thanks,

Emma

--

Dr Emma Boland