[MITgcm-support] passive tracer restoring

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Jul 18 07:56:48 EDT 2017

Hi,

did you get an answer?

You could modify the RBCS package to do what you want to do, but maybe simpler to edit ptracers_apply_forcing.F, where you can add any passive tracer tendency. You need to reformulate your method so that translates into a tendency (tracerunits/time) and add it to gPtracer in an extra loop. This routine is called for every vertical level (k), so a 2D loop sufficies:

        DO j=jMin,jMax
         DO i=iMin,iMax
          gPtracer(i,j) = gPtracer(i,j) + yourTendency(i,j)
         ENDDO
        ENDDO

Martin