[MITgcm-support] Missing files in offline tutorials

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at mit.edu
Wed Jan 18 09:46:45 EST 2017

Hi Xing,

The tutorial_offline experiment is not currently tested and has not been updated
for a long time, with important set of files missing.
This is documented within:
 verification/tutorial_offline/IMPORTANT_WARNING :
> IMPORTANT WARNING:
> This tutorial is not tested (no results dir) and not maintained:
> Cannot run the executable without modifying/updating some of the
> parameter (data*) files.

Regarding the other experiment, i.e., tutorial_cfc_offline, you should be able to
get the full set of input files by running, in the "tutorial_cfc_offline/run/" dir,
the little script: tutorial_cfc_offline/input/prepare_run

This "prepare_run" allow to save disk space and reduce downloading time
but is not well documented, except in:
 http://mitgcm.org/public/devel_HOWTO/devel_HOWTO_onepage/#TEST-EXPERIMENT
section 4.2.1

Cheers,