[MITgcm-support] ABNORMAL END: S/R LOAD_GRID_SPACING (when changing number of grid points)

Baker, Jon jb812 at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Jan 9 07:24:13 EST 2017

Hi all,

I am attempting to edit the geometry in several of the tutorials (e.g. natl_box and biogeochem) to an idealised setup but I keep getting the following runtime error: S/R LOAD_GRID_SPACING.

I have altered the input files and the SIZE.h file to the appropriate domain size, although this does not appear to be the cause of the error. The error is caused by altering delX and delY in the data file to the appropriate number of grid points e.g. in the natl_box tutorial, delX= 20*2, but if I change the number of grid points (e.g. to delX= 10*2), the aforementioned error occurs!

Perhaps some other files need to be altered (in addition to SIZE.h and the input files). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon