[MITgcm-support] from C- to A-grid (particle tracking)

Wang, Jinbo (329B) Jinbo.Wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 22 09:28:03 EST 2017

Hi Andrea,

  You may want to take a look at https://github.com/jinbow/octopus. It is written to be used with MITgcm output, and parallelized with openmp. Some examples of the particle tracking simulation with SOSE can be found here: http://pordlabs.ucsd.edu/jinbo/main/movie-olp-DP-SO6-Iter60.html
  One advantage of this code is the light-weight and independence of other packages. The disadvantage is that it does not use MPI, so cannot be scaled up as done in FLT package.

Jinbo