[MITgcm-support] release of xmitgcm v0.2.0

Ryan Abernathey ryan.abernathey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:32:26 EST 2017

Yes! It does fix it, by only opening files when their data is actually accessed. All calls to read data are now by default wrapped in dask.delayed objects. There is still plenty of room for benchmarking the various read options, of which there are now many permutations. Would love your help with this. I can provide some guidance off list.

You are also correct that we neglected to update the docs to clarify this.

-Ryan