[MITgcm-support] [mitgcm-support] On the horizontal momentum budget in the MITgcm

Bertrand Louis Rene Delorme bdelorme at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 26 04:46:15 EST 2017

Hi Yi Liu,

Not sure that it will help but here are a few points to check:

-          If you don’t use the CD-Scheme, then Um_Advec already contains the Coriolis term.

-          If you use implicit vertical viscosity, that needs to be added (using the flux diagnostic VISrI_Um).

-          The AB effect – who should be small - should be added with the diagnostic AB_gU.

Best,
Bertrand