[MITgcm-support] on the salinity flux at the ice shelf-ocean interface

Saeid Esmaeilpour saeidesmaeilpour at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 19:29:32 EDT 2017

Hi Dear friends,
I want to give tidal Phase and amplitude data to my Model, but my data are
like amplitude in meter (m) and Phase in degree, however I think amplitude
should be in meter per second (m/s) and Phase in second (s) in MITgcm model
regarding to Seaice_obcs TestCase (input.tides/mk_tides.m).

         to convert units, when I multiply Phases by 3600 and compare with
values of Seaice_obcs TestCase I see that they are very different cause
values in Seaice_obcs TestCase are very small in negative exponent but if I
multiply phase by 3600 They will be very big such a positive exponent.
What do you think about that? and what's wrong with me?
Thanks for any idea,

Cheers,
Saeid