[MITgcm-support] MITgcm-support Digest, Vol 170, Issue 4

Klymak Jody jklymak at uvic.ca
Sat Aug 5 18:29:52 EDT 2017

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 5, 2017, at 12:15, rahele shafiee <rahele_shafiee at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone
>
> How can I change the test case outputs of  “.data” to “.nc”? I'm using test case “flt_example”, When I enable the package “mnc”, only outputs such as temperature, salinity, water level, and current in the output file format “.nc” . But I want the tracer outputs to be as

Hi Rahael.

You want to use pkg/diagnostics.  You can look in the pkg/tracers to see what diagnostics are set up

It would be nice if more of the examples were setup w netcdf + diagnostics output turned on by default.  My understanding is that diagnostics is the preferred method of output from the gcm but a lot of the examples are setup with the old fashioned output files.  I only personally became aware of all the power available in the diagnostics package

I'll use this as a bit of an advertisement.  Right now netcdf files are written one per tile using mnc   If you want just one netcdf file for the whole gcm you can try my fork and use nf90io instead of mnc.   https://github.com/jklymak/MITgcm66h. You need a version of netcdf compiled with a parallel hdf5.  It's not well tested at all, so if you have issues contact me directly (through the github page is easiest) rather than bugging the developers.

Cheers.