[MITgcm-support] Open boundary conditions using ECCO data

Longjiang Mu mulongjiang at qq.com
Thu Apr 27 09:30:22 EDT 2017

Hi Delei,

hFacS or hFacW ... are generated during model initialization.
I think for new grids maybe you'll need UVEL or VVEL, then you can try
to fill the grids where hFacW/hFacS < 1.0 with UVEL or VVEL.
If you just have UVELMASS or VVELMASS, maybe UVEL can be got by
UVEL=UVELMASS/hFacW.
And don't forget to balance the boundary flux after that.

Longjiang
在 2017年04月27日 00:00, mitgcm-support-request at mitgcm.org 写道: