[MITgcm-support] surface treatment and resolution dependentinstability?

钱钰坤 qianyk at mail3.sysu.edu.cn
Thu Apr 27 03:37:03 EDT 2017

Hi Jody,

One possible reason may be that as your grid gets larger, you need to increase the viscosity to prevent energy accumulating at grid scale.

PS: Previous experience tells me that if you turn on rigidLid (rigidLid=.TRUE.), the overall time for the integration will increase significantly (compared to rigidLid=.FALSE.).  I've known idea why this should be the case.

------------------
 Best regards

Yu-Kun Qian (钱钰坤)
Center for Monsoon and Environment Research
 Department of Atmospheric Sciences
School of Environmental Science and Engineering
 Sun Yat-sen University
No. 135 Xingang West Road, Haizhu District
Guangzhou, 510275, P.R. China
Tel; 020-84115227
Email: qianyk at mail3.sysu.edu.cn