[MITgcm-support] optimization: lapack? flags?

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Apr 5 10:18:06 EDT 2017

Hi Andrea,

Micheal is right about the optimization. The flags useSingleCpuIO and globalFiles only change the I/O, which can also depend on the machine that you are working on. True code optimization has to be done with compiler flags (in the build options file), or if you can spot something seriously inefficient, directly in the code.

I think you always get an “No” on LAPACK because this test is never done in genmake2. I am not aware of any forward code that uses Lapack. I think some of the very specialized adjoint applications use Lapack for singular value decompositions.

Martin