[MITgcm-support] Question on MITgcm + GOTM (and new user intro)

Andrea Cimatoribus andrea.cimatoribus at epfl.ch
Mon Sep 26 03:23:54 EDT 2016

Dear all,
as suggested on the web page, I shall introduce myself as a new user (in
fact, returning, for the 3rd time). This time I am using MITgcm,
possibly on a longer term basis, for performing realistic simulations of
a lake (Lake Geneva). The general idea of the work is to study the
horizontal transport in a system having moderately low Rossby number,
partly in analogy to "submesoscale" structures in coastal regions.

For the moment, I am actually working with a single-column version to
understand how appropriate KPP scheme is in this case. In relation to
this, I was wondering if anyone knows any detail about this
implementation of GOTM in MITgcm:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijggc.2008.04.001
Unfortunately, the corresponding author is unreachable and, for the
moment at least, I could not get in touch with any of the other authors
either.

Kind regards,
Andrea

--