[MITgcm-support] KPP and zref with fine resolution vertical grid

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:09:04 EDT 2016

I don’t know what needs to be adjusted in your set-up.
But every atmospheric forcing and every model configuration
usually requires some adjustments, for example, as is described here
for an Arctic Ocean example: http://ecco2.org/manuscripts/2011/Holloway2011.pdf
Slowly we are converging towards better models, better resolutions,
better atmospheric forcing fields, where these “model-climate drifts”
will become less problematic.  But we are not quite there yet.
What would have been surprising is if you slap a new forcing
on top of a new model configuration and there are no drifts.

Dimitris Menemenlis