[MITgcm-support] KPP and zref with fine resolution vertical grid

Dimitris Menemenlis dmenemenlis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:36:34 EDT 2016

No experience with AMPS but my guess is that your problem is that your model subgrid-scale physics and other parameters, e.g., albedo were adjusted for different forcing and are not consistent with AMPS.

If you suspect KPP as primary cause, you could try running with one of the other vertical mixing schemes, e.g., pkg/ggl90. But I doubt that's your order-1 problem. I don't recommend modifying KPP code as a first go --- as you say it's messy.

Dimitris Menemenlis
818-625-6498