[MITgcm-support] Process tracking

Bertrand Louis Rene Delorme bdelorme at stanford.edu
Sat Nov 19 17:24:18 EST 2016

Hi,
I added a body force to gV in external_forcing.f, which I apply only in a very specific region of my domain, and I ran my simulation by using only one process. Now, I would like to use several processes (by increasing nPx and nPy) but I do not find a way to know where I am in the domain to apply the body force at the same precise location as before. Is there a way of finding out from inside of external_forcing.f what the location of the particular tile is? If not, would you have any ideas on how to run my experiment in parallel?
Thanks,
Bertrand Delorme