[MITgcm-support] if the ocean surface current is subtracted from the atmospheric wind in calculating of latent and sensible heat fluxes when the realtive wind is concerned

Martin Losch martin.losch at awi.de
Mon May 23 10:50:43 EDT 2016

Yang,

the answer is “yes” (as far as I can tell, but you can check for yourself): after reading uwind (and vwind) in exf_getffields.F a new uwind is computed as
           uwind(i,j,bi,bj) = uwind(i,j,bi,bj) - 0.5 _d 0 *
     &          (uVel(i,j,1,bi,bj)+uVel(i+1,j,1,bi,bj))
and from then on uwind (and vwind) are used for all computations of wind stress and friction velocities (that go into latent and sensible heat, first in exf_wind.F and then in exf_bulkformulae.F).

Martin