[MITgcm-support] shelfice and GMREDI

David Ferreira dfer at mit.edu
Tue Mar 15 13:31:10 EDT 2016

Hi Martin,

I'm thinking about the GM part mainly. The GM streamfunction is non-zero
within the ice shelf, which seems to be due to the tapering scheme.
I was using 'linear', but switching to 'gwk91' looks better.
'linear' was extrapolating the GM streamfunction through the ice shelf
to zero at z=0

So for the record: do not use 'linear' tapering with shelfice.

cheers,
david