[MITgcm-support] instability at Eta

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Mar 7 14:44:49 EST 2016

Hi Kaveh,

you already got a comment about balancing the flow.

The extra column/row that you get for u and v is a feature of the netcdf output. The mnc package writes U(1:Nx+1,1:Ny) and V(1:Nx,1:Ny+1) to the netcdf file. The Nx+1st column and Ny+1st row are the same as the 1st column and row, respectively because of the default double periodicidy of the model, but with OBCS these values are never used (actually overwritten by obcs-values before they are used), so you can just disregard them. Sometimes it useful to have them, e.g. in more complicated domains like the cubed sphere grids.

M.