[MITgcm-support] Research opportunities

Eva Comino eva.comino at eagles.usm.edu
Tue Mar 1 07:37:22 EST 2016

Dear MITgcm support,

I am a Mathematics Doctoral Student at University of Southern Mississippi,
who has been working with a Marine Science Professor for the past year,
(Dr. Maarten Buijsman at USM Marine Sciencs Dept, at Stennis Space
Center)using the MITgcm numerical model to investigate internal wave
dynamics in deep ocean applications, relating to energy dissipation.

I wonder if you might direct me to a contact who works with MITgcm in this
area. I am hoping to find some research topic and opportunity that would
allow me to continue working with the MITgcm model, perhaps  to investigate
issues regarding the numerical iterative solving scheme or investigate
possible variants thereof, and or stability issues with specific variables.

 It is my hope that the MITgcm organization with its many areas of
coverage, might have some interests in which they want to have further
investigation  but perhaps lack the staffing to do so. Perhaps if such
interests existe, they might suit a mathematics doctoral candidate such as
myself to allow me to do continued research with Mitgcm, to suit my Phd
interests as well as possible interests at MITgcm. Thanks in advance for
any referral you can offer me. I can be reached at 601-818-3268 or the
address listed below, or email eva.comino at eagles.usm.edu.

E Comino
Mathematics Department
University of Southern Mississippi