[MITgcm-support] (no subject)

kaveh Purkiani kavehpurkiani at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 18 07:36:47 EDT 2016

Dear MITgcm developer,

Hi,

I figured out that EXF_interpolation routine does not work when some of
provided external input files are in different size (Nx, Ny).

I had aqh.bin, swdown.bin and lwdown.bin files in different size (2*2*time)
as the rest of my external forcing files (30*30*time). I have had below
massage error which I think also misleaded me. From the error massage I
thought of  not providing the  proper start time with data.cal and
startdate of external forcing, or not enough time record of external
forcing fields, which obviously was not the case.

Offline interpolating of aqh, swdown and lwdown to same size as the rest of
external forcing helped to solve the problem.

Below you see the error massage.

At line 3612 of file exf_interp_read.f (unit = 9, file =
'./data-meteo/Swrad.bin')
Fortran runtime error: Non-existing record number

If this is correct, would you please add a new error massage to help users
to find the error easier, or is it possible to fix the interpolation
routine?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kaveh.