[MITgcm-support] layers and ptracers

Dan Jones dcjones.work at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 05:59:54 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I would like to diagnose along-isopycnal and cross-isopycnal fluxes of a
passive tracer.  One possible solution is to use the 'layers' package
together with the 'ptracers' package.  My impression from the source code
is that this is not currently supported (i.e. the only mention of
'ptracers' in the 'layers' source code is in a section that is commented
out).  My questions are:

- Is it true that "layers" does not currently support passive tracers?
- If layers does not currently support ptracers, does anyone happen to be
working on that?

I guess it should be straightforward to generalize, since 'theta' and
'salt' are tracers as well.

Best,
Dan

Dr Dan Jones