[MITgcm-support] Uncanny output frequency after some time of simulation

Wlademir Santis wsantisj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 18:28:40 EDT 2016

Hi

After some time of simulation I'm getting an output outside the frequency I
set in the data file.

I'm using an experiment based on the cpl_aim+ocn, with the following
parameters for the atmosphere "data" file:
 &PARM03
 nIter0=0,
 nTimeSteps=38880000,
 deltaT=400.0,
 abEps=0.1,
 forcing_In_AB=.FALSE.,
 cAdjFreq=0.,
 pChkptFreq=2592000.,
 taveFreq=2592000.,
 dumpFreq=25920000.,
 monitorFreq=2592000.,

Which leads to an output frequency like:
U.0016588800.001.001.data
U.0016653600.001.001.data
U.0016718400.001.001.data
*U.0016783199.001.001.data*
U.0016783200.001.001.data
*U.0016783201.001.001.data*
*U.0016847999.001.001.data*
U.0016848000.001.001.data
*U.0016848001.001.001.data*
*U.0016912799.001.001.data*
U.0016912800.001.001.data
U.0016912801.001.001.data

Note that at some point it starts to produce outputs with +1 and -1
timestep around the correct one (at every 6480 timesteps). After more time
it also produces +2 and -2 outputs and so forward.

Doe's anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

I've noticed that the time averaged variables (e.g. vveltave...)  have
problems after this weird output starts to happen.

Thanks in advance!
Wlademir