[MITgcm-support] MITgcm-support Digest, Vol 151, Issue 5

Menemenlis, Dimitris (329C) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 11 21:50:28 EST 2016

There is several empirical model parameters (and boundary conditions) that need to be adjusted vs observations,
if you want your model to look like the observations.  And these parameters have different set of optimal values depending
on model configuration and boundary conditions.

One example adjustment of a small number of ice/ocean model parameters is:
http://ecco2.org/manuscripts/2011/NguyenJGR2011.pdf
In particular look at Figure 5b, which shows larger than observed
velocities prior to model parameer adjustment.