[MITgcm-support] Compiler error when doubling horizontal resolution

Roland Young young at atm.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 11 06:47:01 EST 2016

Hi Habib,

Thanks for your reply. I had seen a few of those links before - I found
a few tips to get around the Fortran problem using information from
those links, but I was unable to find anything that fixed the C problem.

In any case, I was able to get around the problem in practice by
increasing the number of cores. I was trying to test it on a 16-core
desktop (before running it on 128 or 256). When I increased the number
of cores to 64 for my test run the size of the arrays for each process
became small enough that the requirement for mcmodel=medium went away.

Thanks,

Roland