[MITgcm-support] variables (.)_F1 in obcs_calc.F

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Feb 25 09:50:51 EST 2016

Mario,

did you get an answer? I am afraid that your question is not clear.
- the MITgcm is not meant to simulated watercrafts moving in the ocean, you could probably used some of the technology and introduce fixed geometry representing a watercraft, but I am sure that there is better software for that
- the *_F1 variables are passed to the model via MPI from a parent model into which the current model is nested. This is a feature that is not used very often and I don’t know how well this is maintained. For a more typical application of the obcs-packace see “verification/exp4”

Martin