[MITgcm-support] Error with Arctic configuration and runoff file

Habib Toye Mahamadou Kele habib.toyemahamadoukele at kaust.edu.sa
Thu Feb 18 05:59:07 EST 2016

Hi Alessandro,

Regarding the error

forrtl: severe (36): attempt to access non-existent record, unit 9, file
/hpcdata/scratch/am8e13/CORE_data/runoff-corev2_360x180x12.bin

could you try a different value for

readBinaryPrec

in data namelist (&PARM01)?

Try

readBinaryPrec=32

if you are using

readBinaryPrec=64

If it does not work make sure you compile your code with the option

-convert big_endian

because the error you got is generally related to endianness.
Intel (ifort, ...) uses little endian, while mitgcm data are stored in big
endian format.

Regards,
Habib TOYE

this email.