[MITgcm-support] internal tide beam in nonuniform stratification

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Feb 2 04:16:47 EST 2016

Hi Sherry,

this is a quick guess:
with your resolution you are in a regime, where non-hydrostatic dynamics start to have an impact (still, the nh-pressure is small).
You could try turning on the non-hydrostatic code, but I would use only very few iterations for the 3D solver (cg3dMaxIter = 40 or so), in order to reduce the computational cost. The least that will happen is that you add dissipation to the vertical velocity field that may stabilize your simulation.

M.