[MITgcm-support] only eta as open boundary ?

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Feb 1 04:23:03 EST 2016

Kaveh,

you probably use a linear free surface in your model configuration? With a ***linear*** free surface, the open boundary conditions for Eta have no effect (basically, there are none to be specified). But your method of converting the elevation into bartropic velocities seems to work, doesn’t it?

Otherwise you need to use a non-linear free surface, which will make the experiment more complicated.

Martin