[MITgcm-support] Changing the number of cores in ECCOv4

Dan Jones dcjones.work at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 08:02:51 EST 2016

Hi all,

I'm running ECCOv4, and I would like to double the number of cores.  I
haven't used exch2 before, so I'm not sure how to do that.

I've read this discussion thread:
http://mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2014-December/009660.html

So I believe that I should set nPx=192 in SIZE.h, but I'm not sure what
else needs to be changed.  I'm used to conserving the total number of grid
points (by changing sNx and sNy), but I'm not sure how exch2 handles that.

I'm also not sure what to do in data.exch2.  I've uncommented the
'blankList' for nprocs=192 and commented out the 'blankList' for
nprocs=96.  Is there anything else?

Thanks in advance, exch2 experts!

-Dan