[MITgcm-support] floating invalid with new pickup

Martin Losch martin.losch at awi.de
Wed Aug 10 03:40:19 EDT 2016

Hi Anthony,

do you know where exactly this error occurs? try compiling with -g or some other way to get a proper traceback. Also running the model with a higher debugLevel (e.g. 4) will give you more output before the model crashes.
I can think to possible sources of this:
1. you accidentially put some invalid value into your new pickup file (I guess you’ll find this unlikely, but you never know)
2. your intial state makes the model explode very quickly (in which case you will see these error message some time after reading the pickups)

Martin