[MITgcm-support] Model loosing salt

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Wed Apr 27 15:52:01 EDT 2016

In my opinion, the easiest way to deal with issues like this is to make your boundary far from your control region by stretching the grid so that you have a very large reservoir.  If the forcing in the control region is steady state, then the model will eventually settle into a steady state between the control region and the reservoir.

Did you try applying a sponge layer on your southern boundary?  You can sponge T and S, and in your case that might add salinity to the domain faster than just prescribing the boundary condition at the southern most grid point.

Cheers,   Jody