[MITgcm-support] Some problems about model calculation

Peter Song Peterspy at outlook.com
Tue Apr 26 16:11:04 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I am currently running two verifications at the same time, but some strange
problems happen.

The model input and parameters are the same. The only difference lies in the
file output.

One verification output is netcdf files with every tile. And another one is
single CPU output binary file using package 'diagnostics'.

The first one runs smoothly, while the second one blew up on the 32th day
(model time).

No other settings are different.

I am really confused about that, last time I met with this problem is
because I changed my resolution without change deltaT, but I changed it this
time and the two verification share the same deltaT.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Best regard,

Pengyang Song

College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences

Ocean University of China

ERROR:

Test.err:

STOP ABNORMAL END: S/R MON_SOLUTION, stops due to EXTREME Pot.Temp

STDERR.0000:

(PID.TID 0000.0001) ** WARNING ** CONFIG_CHECK: Implicit viscosity applies
to provisional u,vVel

(PID.TID 0000.0001) ** WARNING ** => not consistent withfinal vertical shear
(after appling 3-D solver solution

(PID.TID 0000.0001) ** WARNING ** CONFIG_CHECK: Implicit viscosity not
implemented in CALC_GW

(PID.TID 0000.0001) ** WARNING ** CONFIG_CHECK: Explicit viscosity might
become unstable if too large

(PID.TID 0000.0001) SOLUTION IS HEADING OUT OF BOUNDS: tMin,tMax=        NaN
NaN

(PID.TID 0000.0001)   exceeds allowed range (monSolutionMaxRange=
1.000E+03)

(PID.TID 0000.0001) MON_SOLUTION: STOPPING CALCULATION at Iter=    190080

(PID.TID 0000.0001) *** ERROR *** S/R ALL_PROC_DIE: ending the run

Data.diagnostics:

&DIAGNOSTICS_list

   frequency(1) =  -3600,

   fields(1:1,1) = 'UVEL',