[MITgcm-support] Compilation error adding mypackage_SIZE.h

kaveh Purkiani kavehpurkiani at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 4 13:00:33 EDT 2016

Hi everybody,

I would like to prescribe a variable with extra dimension (number of
sediment fraction) in my package.

Similar to ptracers package I added Mypackage_SIZE.h and introduced an
Integer. See below:

 #ifdef ALLOW_Mypackage

         INTEGER        sed_num
         PARAMETER(sed_num = 4)

#endif /* ALLOW_Mypackage */

Furthermore, in the Mypackage.h, I added two new variables including the
above integer

     _RL dDenn(1-OLx:sNx+OLx,1-OLy:sNy+OLy,Nr,nSx,nSy,bgcc_num)
      _RL      ss(1-OLx:sNx+OLx,1-OLy:sNy+OLy,Nr,nSx,nSy,bgcc_num)

      COMMON /Mypackage_PARAMS_R/ dDenn, ss

mypackage_SIZE.h and mypackage.h are also added to all my subroutines.

After doing genmake, make depend and make all with same compiler, I am
getting this error:

mpif77 -fconvert=big-endian -fimplicit-none -O3 -funroll-loops  -c
sediment_sms.f
sediment_sms.f:831.27:

       PARAMETER(sed_num=4)
                           1
Error: PARAMETER attribute conflicts with DUMMY attribute in 'sed_num' at
(1)
sediment_sms.f:891.67:

      Real*8 dDenn(1-OLx:sNx+OLx,1-OLy:sNy+OLy,Nr,nSx,nSy,
                                                                   1
Error: Variable 'sed_num' at (1) in this context must be constant
sediment_sms.f:893.58:

      Real*8    ss(1-OLx:sNx+OLx,1-OLy:sNy+OLy,Nr,nSx,nSy,sed_num)
                                                          1
Error: Variable 'sed_num' at (1) in this context must be constant
make[1]: *** [sediment_sms.o] Error 1

I very much appreciate if one could suggest me a solution to tackle this
error.

regards,

Kaveh.