[MITgcm-support] Diagnose momentum equation

lianzhan at fio.org.cn lianzhan at fio.org.cn
Fri Sep 18 00:19:46 EDT 2015

Hello everyone

I want to diagnose the effect of all items in momentum equation (as below for zonal).

Fx is dissipative stress, taux is wind stress. Is there any corresponding variable in pkg/diagnostics ? I have tried "U/Vm_Advec" for nonlinear term, but this variable is zero expect for the surface layer. Its value is as same as "U/Vm_Cori", the value of "U/Vm_Cori" is also zero below surface. And "U/Vm_dPHdx"(pressure gradient force ? ) is all zero.

The settings of my exp is that there is an island located in an ideal rectangular bay,  near which there is a sill. The model has 32 vertical layers and with free surface. The Temp/Salt is uniform.

Do you have any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help
Cheers,
Lianzhan