[MITgcm-support] seaice anomalous advection in doubly periodic domain

Jean Mensa jean.mensa at yale.edu
Fri Oct 30 17:07:20 EDT 2015

Thanks Ryan,
I found the email by Manucharyan you are referring to. The suggestion is to
decrease the residual of the elliptic solver LSR_ERROR and this seems to
help but it does not completely solve the problem. It seems that the
problem emerges whenever ice becomes rigid. Do you have any advice on the
numerical scheme I should use to get stable results? I would not mind a
little diffusivity for example if that would help to get stable results.
Thanks,
Jean