[MITgcm-support] Fwd: New added Diagnostics-problem

kaveh Purkiani kavehpurkiani at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 29 11:36:08 EDT 2015

Dear Michel,

Here are the issues:

I don't have better suggestion than to check basic things, such as:
1) is pkg/mypackage compiled ?

Yes, it is compiled, here is the STDOUT

 pkg/sediment             compiled   and   used ( useSEDIMENT
= T )

2) is this package turned on ? ( useMYPACKAGE=.TRUE. in data.pkg)

Yes, it is turned on.

(PID.TID 0000.0001) > useSEDIMENT=.TRUE.,

3) check that S/R MYPACKAGE_DIAGNOSTICS_INIT is called
  by adding "debugMode=.TRUE." in eedata ; this print the sequence of
 subroutine calls in STDOUT files.

The debug mode compilation and run did work but turned out that mypackage
_DIAGNOSTICS_INIT is not at STOUT files and perhaps is not called.

As I mentioned before in mypackage_diagnostics_init.F I have a call routine
like below.

      diagName  = 'TEST    '
      diagTitle = 'New Concentration'
      diagUnits = 'mmol/m^3/d       '
      diagCode  = 'SMR     MR       '
      CALL DIAGNOSTICS_ADDTOLIST( diagNum,
     I     diagName, diagCode, diagUnits, diagTitle,0,myThid )
      CALL DIAGNOSTICS_SETKLEV( diagName, 3, myThid )

the mypackage_init_fixed.F calls the mypackage_diagnostics_init like below:

#ifdef ALLOW_DIAGNOSTICS
      IF ( useDiagnostics ) THEN
        CALL SEDIMENT_DIAGNOSTICS_INIT( myThid )
      ENDIF
#endif

It is not sufficient to write a new diagnostics at
available.diagnostics.log ?

What do I miss?

4) check that your changes are indeed present in the "small .f" file
 version, i.e.: mypackage_diagnostics_init.f (in the build dir).

yes, all my changes are in there.

I appreciate your time in advance.

regards,

Kaveh.