[MITgcm-support] Kinetics energy budget

marco reale reale.marco82 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:59:22 EDT 2015

hello MITGCM users,

I was wondering if it is possible using MITGCM momentum budget diagnostics estimating the kinetics energy budget of a domain.

I mean given:

Um_coriolis+Um_diss+Um_dPhDx+SSHgradient+Um_Adv+Um_ext , I multiplied for Uvel and I do the the same for the meridional velocity component.

 After if I apply the definition of KE related to the scheme 2 (the default for flux form) I should reconstruct the variation of kinetics energy…But I found analyzing each term for example high values for the coriolis term , that is impossible

have anyone among you already tried this kind of computation?

cheers

marco