[MITgcm-support] mismatch in namelist

kaveh Purkiani kavehpurkiani at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 20 11:01:55 EDT 2015

Hi everybody,

Here we have an adapted package in MITgcm. The code is debuged hopefully
well. At run process I have this error massage.

At line 1876 of file packages_boot.f (unit = 11, file =
'/tmp/gfortrantmpFez6ru')
Fortran runtime error: Cannot match namelist object name usesediment

this line refers to  READ(UNIT=iUnit,NML=PACKAGES)

The namelist of this package is defined at package_readparams.F which is
then called through above command in this routine like below:

      CALL OPEN_COPY_DATA_FILE(
     I     'data.sediment', 'SEDIMENT_READPARMS',
     O     iUnit,
     I     myThid )
      READ(UNIT=iUnit,NML=SEDIMENT_PARM01)
      CLOSE(iUnit)

At input file the data.sediment is added which provides the variables of
the package namelist like any other data.()

 &SEDIMENT_PARM01

Even if I do not provide data.sediment at input files I would face this
error.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

regards

Kaveh.