[MITgcm-support] A small patch in timers.F and genmake2 to fix a slight problem about etime

Jinxuan Zhu zhujinxuan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:53:18 EST 2015

I have just noticed that etime is not used in MITgcm because of a old-style
fortran writing.  So I make a small change in genmake2 and timers.F to fix
it.
The fixed file is attached below.  I guess you may be interested about this
small fix.  (fix tested on ifort and gfortran)

Fixes are based on
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gfortran/ETIME.html
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2007-03/msg00305.html

I am not sure whether I shall post this email here. Please forgive me if I
email it at the wrong place.

By the way, if for some reason the 'External' keyword must be kept, it can
be also written as `Real*4 External etime` to declare the etime

Thank you,
Jinxuan Zhu (zhujinxuan at gmail.com, jinxuan_zhu at brown.edu)