[MITgcm-support] simulation of standing internal waves in a linearly stratified fluid using MITgcm

Yong Liang yong.liang at berkeley.edu
Mon May 4 22:15:14 EDT 2015

Dear All,

I am trying to simulate standing internal waves in a linearly stratified
fluid. I modified the configuration in "short_surf_wave" to run my case.
The simulation is 2D, nonhydrostatic, wall boundary conditions. My initial
condition is maximum horizontal velocity of the first internal mode(from
linear solution) in the whole domain. The numerical results(U,W,S) are good
at the first time step. But they do not change at all over time(should
oscillate periodically). I am wondering whether MITgcm can run my case or I
did not set it up correctly. Could anyone provide any suggestions or help
check my setup? Thanks.

Sincerely,
Yong