[MITgcm-support] pkg/DIC compilation fails

Alexandre Pohl alexandre.pohl at lsce.ipsl.fr
Fri Mar 27 13:41:38 EDT 2015

Dear all,

I am currently trying to incorporate the PTRACERS, GCHEM and DIC packages into my global CS ocean-atmosphere setup of the MITgcm. While PTRACERS and GCHEM compile and work fine, I have now an issue when compiling the DIC package.

Compilation aborts with the following error messages :

mpif90 -r8 -i4 -WB -convert big_endian -assume byterecl -mcmodel=medium -shared-intel -g -fp-model source -pc 64  -O3 -axAVX,SSE4.2 -ip -fp-model source -pc 64 -c dic_init_varia.f
dic_init_varia.f(3246): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [ATPCO2]
      atpco2 = 0.D0
------^
compilation aborted for dic_init_varia.f (code 1)
make[1]: *** [dic_init_varia.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/ccc/work/cont003/dsm/p25pohl/MITgcm/EXPERIENCES/exp.Ordo_gchem_only/build_ocn'
make: *** [fwd_exe_target] Error 2

The whole code of the model was updated a few weeks ago. Updating the DIC package does not help.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Many thanks,
Alexandre

PS : please note that the 4 following lines have been activated within DIC_OPTIONS.h in order to couple the DIC package to my atmospheric component. It does not solve the problem.
C these all need to be defined for coupling to atmospheric model:
#define USE_QSW
#define USE_QSW_UNDERICE
#define USE_ATMOSCO2
#define USE_PLOAD