[MITgcm-support] Time varying Coriolis frequency

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Mar 11 12:27:57 EDT 2015

Hi Yossi,

there is no code for that as far as I know, but I remember that we tried that once (and there weren’t any problems). You’ll have to change the code for that to change the coriolis parameters at the beginning of the time step. There are two fields, fcori and fcoriG (and a third for nh-dynamics fcoriCos), have a look at ini_cori.F to see how they are computed. You’ll need a subroutine like “update_cori” where you modify these field according to your liking. I would call this subroutine at the beginning of forward step.

Martin