[MITgcm-support] netcdf v3.x

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 18 15:12:17 EDT 2015

Hi Pu

Dimitris pointed out that you can use raw binary output
(from the MITgcm mdsio package), instead of NetCDF, if you wish.

However, assuming you want NetCDF output, here is a wild guess:

In your optfile, try to insert '-lnetcdff -lnetcdf' in your LIBS
variable, say, something like this:

LIBS="-L${NETCDF_HOME}/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf"

(note the double 'ff" in the first), and run genmake2 again.

NetCDF-3 had only '-lnetcdf' library (for both C and Fortran),
whereas in NetCDF-4 there is one library for Fortran, one for C,
and a hierarchical dependency.

Likewise, for Lapack you may need to point to the location of your
lapack, say:

LIBS="-L${NETCDF_HOME}/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf -L/your/lapack/lib -llapack"

If you are using a Lapack from Intel or ACML
it may get a tad more involved, because it may require additional (Intel
or ACML) libraries.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa