[MITgcm-support] gluemnc truncates Xp1 and Yp1 to the length of X and Y

Roland Young Roland.Young at physics.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jun 18 05:32:11 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I am using gluemnc to combine 16 tiled files into a global file. This works generally fine, except for the following:

My input files (one per tile, as standard) include

U (Xp1,Y,Z)
V (X,Yp1,Z)

with nx = 256 and ny=128 globally in my case (so 257 X-points in U and 129 Y-points in V). However, the .glob.nc output truncates Xp1 and Yp1 to 256 and 128 grid points respectively, so the easternmost grid point in U and the northernmost grid point in V are cut off.

Is gluemnc supposed to do this?

In my case the domain is global so U(nx+1,y,z)=U(1,y,z) and V(x,1,z)=V(x,ny+1,z)=0, so in practice I can get around this, but I have a load of scripts that use rdmnc to read in the tiled output, which preserves Xp1 and Yp1 correctly, and I want to avoid having to go through and correct them for single-file input.

Thanks,

Roland