[MITgcm-support] MITgcm on Mac

Menemenlis, Dimitris (329D) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 11 09:55:03 EDT 2015

Hi Stu, the discussion group where you can find answers for MITgcm issues is:

You do not need blas/lapack to compile/run MITgcm.
The library check below is sufficient.

Cheers, Dimitris

On Jun 11, 2015, at 1:29 AM, Stuart Bishop <sbishop at caltech.edu<mailto:sbishop at caltech.edu>> wrote:

Thanks.  I've been trying for hours to install blas/lapack and have gfortran see it.  I've tried several things from online discussion groups, but no cigar.  I get this error

===  Checking system libraries  ===
  Do we have the system() command using gfortran...  yes
  Do we have the fdate() command using gfortran...  yes
  Do we have the etime() command using gfortran...  no
  Can we call simple C routines (here, "cloc()") using gfortran...  yes
  Can we unlimit the stack size using gfortran...  yes
  Can we register a signal handler using gfortran...  no
  Can we use stat() through C calls...  yes
  Can we create NetCDF-enabled binaries...  no
  Can we create LAPACK-enabled binaries...  no
  Can we call FLUSH intrinsic subroutine...  yes

Any suggestions on getting lapack up and going with gfortran.