[MITgcm-support] MITgcm on Mac

Menemenlis, Dimitris (329D) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 11 01:12:08 EDT 2015

Hi Stu, there is a lot of discussion of MITgcm on Mac in MITgcm support mailing list.

One recent posting is here:
http://mitgcm.org/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2015-January/009680.html

Personally, I use neither Fink nor Macports.
For Yosemite, I installed gfrotran 4.9.0 from here:
http://coudert.name/software/gfortran-4.9.0-Mavericks.dmg

You could also try the newer versions for Mac OS X listed here:
https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortranBinaries

You also need to install xcode and run: "xcode-select —install"
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-intel-compilers-for-os-x-pre-requisite-xcode-command-line-tools

Please email back to MITgcm support list if above does not work.

Cheers, Dimitris