[MITgcm-support] Segmentation fault trying to capture location in ptracers array.

Jonathan Lauderdale jml1 at mit.edu
Tue Jun 9 19:33:12 EDT 2015

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply, I am using gfortran (gcc49 on an iMac 10.10) with -g and -C and that is all the output I get, but I will check for specific version flags, etc….

If I comment out the loop in my previous message and just leave in "[….reset preformed surface tracer concentration…]” which has the same set of logical calls to PTRACERS_names then there is no segfault. Also if I comment out just the itrc_xxxx=nTrac or itrc_xxxx=tmp lines then there is no problem, so it must be something to do with initializing or assigning these values.

Here are some of the other things you asked about:

In EEPARMS.h
              PARAMETER ( MAX_LEN_FNAM = 512 )
In PTRACERS_SIZE.h
	      INTEGER PTRACERS_num
	      PARAMETER(PTRACERS_num = 12 )
In PTRACERS_PARAMS.h
 CHARACTER*(MAX_LEN_FNAM) PTRACERS_names(PTRACERS_num)

Thanks again,

Jon